I help teams understand and implement digital transformation in an agile, iterative and user‑centric way. I have a good understanding of a broad range of technologies. I’m able to converse easily with and translate between non‑technical stakeholders and technical practitioners.
Skills & Expertise
- Service design
- Systems thinking
- Technical leadership
- Architectural design
- Agile methods
- Test‑driven development
- Continuous delivery
GOV.UK EU Exit
GOV.UK content pages
- I helped the team to make a beta ‘Find open data’ product
- I helped to optimise Elasticsearch
- I helped provision environments on AWS using Terraform and Puppet
- I helped define a strategy to decommission legacy infrastructure
- I helped design new operational processes for the service
GOV.UK content tools
GOV.UK topic taxonomy
GOV.UK publishing platform
I helped a multidisciplinary team take HM Treasury’s Pension Wise service from Discovery through to Live. The service provides web, telephone and face‑to‑face pension guidance. It has a customer satisfaction rating of 88%.
- I helped build and operate the service using agile methods
- I helped the team to continuously improve the service guided by data
- I chose technology and appropriate security measures for the information the service receives, processes and stores
- I helped with user research activities:
- identifying assumptions to test
- building prototypes
- observing lab research sessions and creating transcripts
- field visits
- taking part in analysis
- I set up development environments to allow the team to:
- develop rapidly and iteratively
- experiment quickly
- continuously test and monitor
- I set up pipelines to allow frequent, low‑risk deployments
- I set up monitoring systems and dashboards
- I built applications and services using Ruby on Rails, Cucumber, RSpec, Go, Travis CI, Heroku, Twilio and Zendesk
Money Advice Service
I helped the team that built the Money Advice Service’s responsive website with technical leadership, technical architecture, DevOps and hands‑on development.
- I was responsible for the overall architecture. I established a modular design style that isolated domain and
- code was easy to reason about and change
- the domain could be tested in isolation from the application
- I helped set up a living style guide and component library
- I championed feature development from the outside in with declarative user stories and page objects
- I enabled the team to release production code from the very first iteration using feature toggles
White Label Dating push notification platform
White Label Dating API & Mobile platform
JSON API and responsive website with ~500 tenants backed by a service based architecture written in Ruby. Continuous deployments to a Rackspace Cloud infrastructure described and orchestrated with Puppet.
White Label Dating transactional email platform
Me + My Workplace
A product to assist organisations understand what employees do during their working day, where they do it, and how. Supports property teams by enabling them to assess the suitability of existing/potential accommodation and determine environmental and work setting requirements.
Founder and Principal Consultant at SureFire
SureFire help startups, non‑profit organisations, enterprise companies and government make digital products and services.
Senior Software Engineer at Venntro
Venntro are a Deloitte Fast 50 technology business. Their award‑winning service, WhiteLabelDating.com, provides market leading online dating technology for brands and entrepreneurs. The multi‑tenant platform caters to over 1.7k partners, operating over 25k sites, for 50M members.
Developer at iDEA
iDEA are a design studio specialising in workplace consulting, interiors, sustainability and digital.
Developer at Lighthouse
- BSc (Hons), Internet Computing with Industrial Experience [1:1], The University of Hull